Have you ever wanted to be more productive AND help the planet? Well here's your chance! This app uses a pomodoro-style productivity tool with cute animations and game mechanics to keep you focused. When you earn enough points, you can cash those in to help plant a real tree in the real world. What do you think of this app?
- The concept of this app is great, I'd love a pomodoro-style app that can encourage me to be more focused.
- The animations and graphics are fun and playful.
NOT A FAN
- However...for an app that's all about focusing and being productive, this app sure does have a lot of fluff. I'd personally rather it be simpler so I don't feel overwhelmed learning all the features!
- A lot of their icons (including their menu) don't have text labels and they aren't clear what their behavior will be.
- The app prompts the user to explore various focus times as well as types of "trees" but almost any of the options are locked and direct the to the "store" which is just unnecessary info for the user at this point. Simplify this and show them the value they were promised sooner!
- Could have done a better job at priming me for the notification permission by stating that it's important for me to be notified when my time is up, etc.
- Their onboarding guide graphics and colors started changing towards the end in an unexpected way.
Get updates delivered to your inbox daily.
Daily mobile app design reviews featuring Apple’s App of the Day. Sharing my initial experience of an app in real-time, will it be love at first launch?